Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steels

Summary Table for Columns in different Rows

Cheers,

I currently have some problems visualising my data. I have multiple IDs with a full row with different attributes.

IDAttribute 1Attribute 2Attribute 3Attribute 4

I want to create a new table where the amount of a specific number (example: 2) of every attribute is summarised.

AttributesSummary
Attribute 12
Attribute 23
Attribute 31
Attribute 40

I tried to solve the problem with this measure, but i did not find a proper way to display the data in a diagramm:

Attribute 1 =
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Attribute 1 raw]);
    'Table'[Attribute 1 raw] IN { 2 }
)

I have to use DirectQuery.
Thank you in advance!
1 REPLY 1
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, Steels

You can try this 

Attr1_count = calculate(COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table');Table[Attribute 1]=VALUES(Table[Attribute 1]))))
Attr2_count = calculate(COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table');Table[Attribute 2]=VALUES(Table[Attribute 2]))))
Attr3_count = calculate(COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table');Table[Attribute 3]=VALUES(Table[Attribute 3]))))
Attr4_count = calculate(COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL('Table');Table[Attribute 4]=VALUES(Table[Attribute 4]))))

So, finaly in columns "Attr1_count" you will see count of each particular value of Attribute1 in the table, for Attribute 2 - the same:

309742.PNG

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.