Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mkusler
Helper II
Helper II

Summary Table, Unique Counts, Graphs and Averages - How to incorporate them all?

In my PowerBI dataset I have many columns, but I am trying to build a graph using three columns from my dataset (Created Date, WO# and Part Number. I basically want to be able to show a graph that shows for any given year and month how many unique "WO#"s there were and the average "Part Number Count" per "WO#" for that month. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to easily do this in PowerBI? I could easy do this in PivotTable, but I want this to be automated. The goal would be to answer the following questions.

1. How many unique WO#s were there for a given year/month

2. For a given year/month, what was the average Part Number count per WO#?

Ultimately we want to track " Average Part Numbner Count per WO#" and see it go down month over month.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I appreciate the help. I don't think I explained myself fully, but after looking at what you did in your example, I realized I was over thinking the whole thing, was making it more difficult than it needed to be and was able to solve it using just a couple measures and some math. 

Thanks for getting me to think differently!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mkusler ,

According to your description, I create a sample. 

vkalyjmsft_0-1657615939087.png

Maybe I didn't fully understand. When we put the year and month in the slicer, the measures created can dynamically change by the slicer.

WO# Count = DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[WO#])
Average Part Number = AVERAGE('Table'[Part Number])

vkalyjmsft_1-1657616620211.png

If the problem is not like this, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I appreciate the help. I don't think I explained myself fully, but after looking at what you did in your example, I realized I was over thinking the whole thing, was making it more difficult than it needed to be and was able to solve it using just a couple measures and some math. 

Thanks for getting me to think differently!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.