Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mkusler
Helper II
Helper II

Summary Table, Unique Counts, Graphs and Averages - How to incorporate them all?

In my PowerBI dataset I have many columns, but I am trying to build a graph using three columns from my dataset (Created Date, WO# and Part Number. I basically want to be able to show a graph that shows for any given year and month how many unique "WO#"s there were and the average "Part Number Count" per "WO#" for that month. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to easily do this in PowerBI? I could easy do this in PivotTable, but I want this to be automated. The goal would be to answer the following questions.

1. How many unique WO#s were there for a given year/month

2. For a given year/month, what was the average Part Number count per WO#?

Ultimately we want to track " Average Part Numbner Count per WO#" and see it go down month over month.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I appreciate the help. I don't think I explained myself fully, but after looking at what you did in your example, I realized I was over thinking the whole thing, was making it more difficult than it needed to be and was able to solve it using just a couple measures and some math. 

Thanks for getting me to think differently!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mkusler ,

According to your description, I create a sample. 

vkalyjmsft_0-1657615939087.png

Maybe I didn't fully understand. When we put the year and month in the slicer, the measures created can dynamically change by the slicer.

WO# Count = DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[WO#])
Average Part Number = AVERAGE('Table'[Part Number])

vkalyjmsft_1-1657616620211.png

If the problem is not like this, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yanjiang-msft 

I appreciate the help. I don't think I explained myself fully, but after looking at what you did in your example, I realized I was over thinking the whole thing, was making it more difficult than it needed to be and was able to solve it using just a couple measures and some math. 

Thanks for getting me to think differently!

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.