Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kolk1979
Frequent Visitor

Summarized columns value

I have a column timespent_inSeconds. Which is a Text field with a value. I have created a column Minuten (minutes) with the following Query:

Minuten =

VAR TimeSecs = ( IncidentTimeRegistrations[timeSpent_inSeconds] )

VAR TimeMins =

DIVIDE ( TimeSecs; 60 )

VAR JustSeconds =

TimeMins - TRUNC ( TimeMins )

VAR JustMinutes =

TimeMins - JustSeconds

VAR Restminutes = JustMinutes - (IncidentTimeRegistrations[Uren]*60)

RETURN VALUE ( Restminutes )

This is working

I also created a column uren (hours) with the following query

Uren =

VAR TimeSecs = ( IncidentTimeRegistrations[timeSpent_inSeconds] )

VAR TimeHours =

DIVIDE ( TimeSecs; 3600 )

VAR JustSeconds =

TimeHours - TRUNC ( TimeHours )

VAR JustHours =

TimeHours - JustSeconds  

RETURN VALUE ( JustHours )

This is also Working. So far so good.

When I go to my report and summarize the hours and minutes it goes wrong. It indeed summarize all of the values but in the minutes table it says for example 240 minutes. What I want to accomplish is that these 4 hours (240 minutes) will be added to the hour table and removed from the minutes. Everything below 60 minutes should stay in the minutes table.

For example: if I have 257 minutes in the minutes table and 2 in the hours table, it should be 6 hours and 17 minutes.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the solution:

i created a new column and put in the following dax formula:

Time = FORMAT((IncidentTimeRegistrations[timeSpent_inSeconds]/3600)/24; "HH:mm:ss")

pointing to the timespent which is formatted as a number. This new Time Column is formatted as a time column in the notation HH:mm:ss

After that i create a new measure based on this column with the following DAX formula:

Meting = SUM(IncidentTimeRegistrations[Time])

i formatted this measure as date/time with notation HH:mm. I don't need the seconds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kolk1979
Frequent Visitor

Now    
Ticket Number   Short Description            Engineer            Hours           Minutes
xx                        Blabla                              Me                     1                   95

Should be    
Ticket Number   Short Description            Engineer            Hours           Minutes
xx                        Blabla                              Me                     2                   35

Hours and Minutes are summaries of different lines which have the same ticket number.

I found the solution:

i created a new column and put in the following dax formula:

Time = FORMAT((IncidentTimeRegistrations[timeSpent_inSeconds]/3600)/24; "HH:mm:ss")

pointing to the timespent which is formatted as a number. This new Time Column is formatted as a time column in the notation HH:mm:ss

After that i create a new measure based on this column with the following DAX formula:

Meting = SUM(IncidentTimeRegistrations[Time])

i formatted this measure as date/time with notation HH:mm. I don't need the seconds.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kolk1979,

Please refer to this link to provide sample data and show your desired output.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.