Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markando
Frequent Visitor

Summarize table depending on several fact tables

I have built a table containg all active teams and their corresponding sales, shipments and cases which works fine. The goal is to create a table with only active teams which I can then use as a slicer and make it a bit more user friendly

However it would be even better if I didn't have to make my calculations (SUMx3), but I can't get it working when the team code is in three different fact tables. Do anyone know how I can recreate  this table with only all distinct Team[Code] that is available in the three fact tables?

My current DAX-code:

SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(

Team[Code];Team[Name];
"SUM OF SALES";calculate(sum(Sales[SalesAmount]));
"SUM OF CASES";calculate(countrows('Cases'));
"SUM OF SHIPMENTS";calculate(sum(Shipment[Shipments]))

)

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Markando you could create one table with the combined code values create a relationship between all the tables and the new lookup table and then summarize?

be best do it in power query / query editor.

duplicate all the tables, remove everythign except the code column, append them together and then deduplicate, add it to your model and create a relationship.  not sure if that will do it but it might

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Vanessafvg, thanks for your reply. 

The powerquery works fine, however I would prefer to do it in dax. I know how I put in a table in the summarizefunction, however for this case i need to build a new tablefunction containg the distinct team code value from three different fact-tables, its there I'm currently stuck. 

@Markando where are you summarising at the moment, in a new table?  or not ? sorry it would be best if i could see what you were actually doing? and the error or result you getting

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi

Im creating a new table. Let me try to show with a detailed summary:

I got five tables as below:

TEAM 
CodeName
1A
2B
3C
4D

CUSTOMERS 
CustomerCodeTeamCode

Sales 
CustomerCodeAmount

Shipments 
CustomerCodeShipments

Cases 
CustomerCodeShipments

What I want to do is create a new table with all teams that has been active in either of the Sales, shipments or cases table. The primary key in these tables are customerCode. All CustomerCode is related to a single teamcode. 

My DAX above works perfect and I get this table:

TeamCodeTeamNameSUM OF SALESSUM OF CASESSUM OF SHIPMENTS
1A1000  
2B  400
3C 5000 

However I would like the same table, but withouth the summing. If I remove the sums I get a summarize over the entire team-table and thus also showing team D.

Hi @Markando,

Why don't you want to use SUMMARIZE()? 

Per my understanding about your issue, the SUMMARIZE() should be the easiest way to achieve your requirement since you don't want to use Power Query.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi

I'm more then happy to use summarize()! However my question is how do i use a filter in either summarize or summarizecolumns to get a list as below depending on all the team-values that exist in either of the three fact tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.