Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JPlancke
Frequent Visitor

Summarize Table Header

Hi all,

I am fairly new to Power BI and currently struggling to create a visualization.

The data I am visualizing is about insurances and Risks associated to these insurances. For this we have a Summary table where each unique insurance represents a row. The first column is the unique identifier (insurance number) and the following columns are the risk columns. For each insurance, the risk is flagged via a 1 or 0 (1 = flag set, 0 = no flag) in each risk column. 

I am looking to visualize via:

A bar chart where each value on the X-axis is a risk and the bar itself should represent the number of insurances that have this specific risk. 

But there is a catch to it: If I select a specific insurance (e.g. from a table) I want this bar chart to visualize the specific risks that were flagged for that insurance. So, this has to be visualized based on my Summary Table (not via an intermediary table where the totals for each risk are calculated, since this does not allow me to filter down any further based on an individual (or group of) insurance(s) ).

Refer to the image below for a basic example done in Excel:

Capture 3.PNG

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi

If you are looking for somthing like this,

Insurance.JPG

you can use unpivot columns in power query and then use that as a source for this chart.

Unpivot.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi

If you are looking for somthing like this,

Insurance.JPG

you can use unpivot columns in power query and then use that as a source for this chart.

Unpivot.JPG

Thanks a lot dilumd!

The problem is indeed solved by pivotting the table and building the visualization based on the new source. 

Yours best,

JP

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.