Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neoromanzer87
Regular Visitor

Summarize Matrix with First Shown Rows

Hi All,

I'm stuck with a problem in Power BI and I have finally decided to try my luck with the community. 

I have a collapsable matrix with several Rows and Values. Being Scope and Activity Rows, and Achievement a value,  the concept would be something similar to this: 

Scope    Activity   Achievement 

Plan         A           aaaaaaa

Plan         B           bbbbbb

Plan         C           ccccccc

This ordering is done based on an external value. 

When collapsing on Activity , I would like the summarization to show only the first row, regardless of whether it's empty or no. Something like this:

Scope  Achievement  

Plan     aaaaaaa 

I have tried my luck with the First option, but it doesn't seem to work - it summarizes it by alphabetical order.

I have tried simplifying the problem as much as possible, but let me know if you need a reproducible example from my real dataset. 

Thanks a lot for the help. You guys are amazing!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @neoromanzer87 ,

If the column of Achievement is a measure, you can use the function of MIN to get the first value. 

Measure = MIN(Table1[Achievement])

1.PNG

If it is a separate column, you can choose the first of the values.

1.PNG

If it still doesn't work, please share more details about the table and post a screen shot.  You can mask the sensitive data.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
neoromanzer87
Regular Visitor

Any ideas? Please, I'm a bit desperate. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.