Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

haddrick
Regular Visitor

Summarising state in another table?

Hi,

Brand new PowerBI Desktop user here. I have a specific application I am trying to put together. Below is the raw data sample:

Capture.PNG

ApplicationUsage

Unique combinations of App ID, Username, Site

SiteList

All sites, unique

ApplicationReadiness

App ID, App Readiness State

Essentially, App Readiness should dictate a users readiness, and therefore the site's readiness. This should provide visibility on what sites are ready and not ready, and then later on what apps are blocking sites and which are blocking more than others.

I currently have a calculated column in ApplicationUsage from App Readiness, so the unique App/user/site also has readiness.

I am looking to set up a few views from here and am very stuck:

1. Site | Readiness
    • Readiness should be a AND() function of all entries in ApplicationUsage, so if all entries for the site are ready then the site is ready, otherwise it is not ready.
    • I am having trouble seeing how this should 'roll-up' status and how best to do ths in PowerBI, since site is unique.
    • I'm currently trying to do this with a calculated column in the Sites table, but am having trouble with this.
  2. Site (Not ready) | Last app readiness date
    • For blocked sites, what is blocking sites, and how can I schedule them
    • Need to have the first view to do this
  3. Application (not ready) | Blocked sites | user #
    • For unfinished applications, which are more impactful than others

Thanks for your help, I'm sure this is relatively simple for more experienced users. If there are resource for this sort of approach I'd be very interested to find out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here is the dataset I have used.

dataset.PNG

While connecting to PowerBI, relationship was created between Site & User and Application & User tables.

Now I created a new column in Application table with name "Status" with following formula

Status = IF('Application Status'[Readiness]=TRUE(),0,1)

Next I added a new measure in Site table with name "SiteStatus" with following formula.

Site Status = CALCULATE(SUM('Application Status'[Status]),GROUPBY(Site,Site[Site]))

Next I added a new measure in site table with name "Completion Date" having following formula

Completion Date = CALCULATE(MAX('Application Status'[ETA]),GROUPBY(site,Site[Site]))

Now we are ready to use these measure to display your required information on report. Select Table visual and select Site to be displayed on it. Apply filter on Site Status = 0. This will display sites which are with completed status. Refer to below image.

CompletedSites.png

Now place another Table visual and select site along with Completion date. Add site status to filter and apply stuatus greater than 0. Please refer to below image.

completiondate.png

Hope this will help you to achive what you want.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here is the dataset I have used.

dataset.PNG

While connecting to PowerBI, relationship was created between Site & User and Application & User tables.

Now I created a new column in Application table with name "Status" with following formula

Status = IF('Application Status'[Readiness]=TRUE(),0,1)

Next I added a new measure in Site table with name "SiteStatus" with following formula.

Site Status = CALCULATE(SUM('Application Status'[Status]),GROUPBY(Site,Site[Site]))

Next I added a new measure in site table with name "Completion Date" having following formula

Completion Date = CALCULATE(MAX('Application Status'[ETA]),GROUPBY(site,Site[Site]))

Now we are ready to use these measure to display your required information on report. Select Table visual and select Site to be displayed on it. Apply filter on Site Status = 0. This will display sites which are with completed status. Refer to below image.

CompletedSites.png

Now place another Table visual and select site along with Completion date. Add site status to filter and apply stuatus greater than 0. Please refer to below image.

completiondate.png

Hope this will help you to achive what you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.