Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Summarise Function - How to apply to current filters?

Hi,

I have a measure as such:

Share (%) = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Master, Master[Holdings], Master[ID], "Subtotal 2",
IFERROR(CALCULATE([Holdings Value]*[Normalised Weight])/SUM(Master[Market Cap]),0)), [Subtotal 2])

It works nicely, by calculating at each row (ID) for a given collection (Holding). However I now want to introduce another column 'Sector' I tried to amend the calculation above to:

Investor Stake (%) = SUMX(SUMMARIZE(Master, Master[Holdings], Master[Sector], Master[ID], "Subtotal 2",
IFERROR(CALCULATE([Holdings Value]*[Normalised Weight])/SUM(Master[Market Cap]),0)), [Subtotal 2])

This calculation works when I filter per sector but when I look at the overall it effectively adds up the investor stake (%) for each by sector calculation instead of computing for the whole data again.

Any ideas on what I am missing?
2 REPLIES 2

Ok. So I have investigate the issue and I think I have found what is causing the calculation to be wrong at the overall level.

I have a measure which is designed to sum the weights of the holdings:

Coverage % Total = CALCULATE([Coverage %], ALLEXCEPT(Master,Master[Holdings],Master[Attribute]))

To do this at the sector level it only works when I add in Master [Sector]
Coverage % Total = CALCULATE([Coverage %], ALLEXCEPT(Master,Master[Holdings], Master[Sector],Master[Attribute]))

This is what causes the explosion in calculation. Is it possible that changing this measure blows up the number of rows being calculated?
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @knowledgegarage 

You can use the first formula and still be able to filter the sector column. I'm still not able to understand the need for the new formula. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.