Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suming up Actuals data into a budget table when certain columns match

I am trying to get data from my actuals table and sum that into the budget table, if certain Fields match. Pictures might be more helpful.

ActualsActualsBudgetBudget

Basically summing the actuals when these four fields match in the budget. So for example, if there are 4 Actuals of 500 for account "72051" department "2036" location "505" and projectid "null" then newly created column in the budget table would show 2000. Hopefully that makes sense. I tried to do a merge and then aggregate it, but that is not working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why don't you try doing a Mearge Query operation based on those 2 tables in Power Query Editor using the 4 columns in both tables? The resulting Dataset you could do a Group By Transormation to take the sum of Amount.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why don't you try doing a Mearge Query operation based on those 2 tables in Power Query Editor using the 4 columns in both tables? The resulting Dataset you could do a Group By Transormation to take the sum of Amount.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That seems to work, thanks! I must have been doing the merge different the first around.

LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

could you post a dataset which can be copy / pasted ? @Anonymous

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LivioLanzo

I can post a sample of the data (it is a really large data set). Which is the best formate to post it in? 

Here is a sample in Google Sheets. But if that doesnt work, let me know an alternative 

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.