Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sum values with related tables

Hello - a few days ago, I posted same issue, but as I have thought about it - not sure was doable, so I modified data inside tables, thinking that would help.  But, I'm still struggling.

I've placed the pbix and excel (with example) in this google shared link:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oxzoYSKF-fiazuQRflWMsARC32049LMe

Basically, I have two dimension tables, that are the same - with one labeled center, and the other "source center"   Within a matrix, I would like to have the rows be 1 )Center: 2) Source Center, with drill down capabilities.   These are related back to the CDU data table

I have created two primary measures = CDU and Source CDU, with the desired result being the CDU showing up on the SourceCenter row, and then the SourceCDU measure showing up on the Center (top) row.

For example, hilighted in green, for Labor1 - 3 units were utilized in Activity2 and 5 units in Resource1.   In the larger datamodel, I have dollars tagged to each of these rows, and my hope is to take get the CDU's (working) to derive a per unit cost.

For the SourceCDU column, I will need to repeat the 'total CDU' for all the items within hte 1st row grouping of the matrix for my dollars/unit to work out.  For example CenterActivity 1, I will take the dollars within each row divided by 5 to derive a$/unit.   I do not need subtotals within the CDU column.

I do have a slicer that I would like to have in place in the final report - I have included that in the zip file example - but if that causes additional challenges, I can work around.

Hopefully this is better explained and laid out from prior attempt.  Thank you!

Desired Results  
CenterSourceCenterCDUSourceCDU
Activity1  5
 Labor225
 Resource1105

Activity2  30
 Labor1330
 Resource21530
Labor1  8
Labor2  2

Resource1 10
 Labor1510
Resource2 15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Resolved - thanks for reviewing

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Resolved - thanks for reviewing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.