cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sum up rows by colum

Hi

Below you will a snap shot of my table, I have looked all over for code and hints on how to achieve what I need, but I have had no luck.

What I need to do is earthier create a new table or a custom column that basically sums up rows 1 to 5 Count column and puts the total into its own row, then I would need to repeat this process. So the process would be

SUM 1 – 5 and  name it the time window which would be as an example 15:00:00 to 16:00:00

SUM 2 – 6 name would be for example 15:15:00 to 16:15:00

SUM 3 – 7

SUM 4 – 8

SUM 5 – 9

SUM 6 - 10

But this would happen based on all of my rows.

newPNG.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sum up rows by colum

Hi DAMO16466464644,

According to your description, I create sample data to reproduce the scenario. You can implement your demand following steps below.

Firstly, add Index column to original table.

9.png

Then ,create column named End_Minutes to get the end time, and create measure named Measure1 to get sum for special row.

End_Minutes = Table1[Minutes]+TIME(1,0,0)

Measure1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[Index]>=MAX(Table1[Index])&&Table1[Index]<=MIN(Table1[Index])+4))

Choose the table to display the result.

10.png

Here is my test pbix file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/ET0_mVIZgixOiq_KiL...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DAMO16466464644,

According to your description, I create sample data to reproduce the scenario. You can implement your demand following steps below.

Firstly, add Index column to original table.

9.png

Then ,create column named End_Minutes to get the end time, and create measure named Measure1 to get sum for special row.

End_Minutes = Table1[Minutes]+TIME(1,0,0)

Measure1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[Index]>=MAX(Table1[Index])&&Table1[Index]<=MIN(Table1[Index])+4))

Choose the table to display the result.

10.png

Here is my test pbix file link: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/ET0_mVIZgixOiq_KiL...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! i have tried so many ways and i even tried an idex but you nailed it on the head thank you!!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors