Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum total based on colum values

I have a table with a monetary amount.  I would like to display the sum based on what is selected in on a hierarchical slicer.

In the example below, I have MLS selected under MSS --> ARMY_JOINT and I would like to dispaly the total based on pool type

Sample.gif

I want the red box as my expected result.  The about table is the raw table.

I've tried using the folloiwng but didn't seem to work:  Measure = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Bonus - Actual','Bonus - Actual'[Group],'Bonus - Actual'[Business Unit],'Bonus - Actual'[Division],'Bonus - Actual'[Burden Pool],'Bonus - Actual'[Monetary Amount]),'Bonus - Actual'[Monetary Amount])

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

This is only a simple SUM() not? You alread have the data in a hierarchical dataset, you only need to sum...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I tired SUM(MONETARY_AMOUNT) and it adds 14231 + 1154 and gives me that number for both lines.  I'm looking for a breakdown at each line based on Pool.

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

A simply SUM worked for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

I happen to have a pretty complex model with about 15 - 20 tables.  I just try to simplify the table for this posting.  Seems like the issue maybe somewhere else with one of the joins..  I'm getting Pools that shouldn't be there and the monetary amount is same for all pools.  Its adding the correct sum, i.e the total of the two pools but showing the total for 3 other pools as well.  Ex: If Pool A (1000) and B (500) were the correct ones and the total was $1500 for both, it would display:

Pool A - 1500

Pool B - 1500

Pool C - 1500

Pood D - 1500

Instead of

Pool A - 1000

Pool B - 500

Thanks

Mehul

@Anonymous,

I am still confused about your desired result. Based on your original table, you can directly create a table visual to get expected result.

1.PNG

If you have multiple tables, could you please share sample data of them in Excel file that can be copied and pasted? 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.