Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgenatossio
Frequent Visitor

Sum the Values in Table B IF Table A Meets Criteria

I have 3 tables. One is a table with employee IDs (Table 'ID'). One is a table with employee IDs and their 2017 sales for one business (Table 'A'). The third table has employee IDs and their 2017 sales for the other business (Table 'B'). Tables A and B are connected to the employee table by the employee ID. The employees are not exactly the same for each business, though there is some overlap where the employee ID could appear on A and B. I have columns on the ID table that are used as filters on the page, based on where the employee is located and how long they have been at the company.

I want to calculate the overlapping 2017 results. I have created a measure on the ID table that says this:

Overlap = if(SUM('A'[Sales])>0,SUM('B'[Sales]),0)

Basically: if the employee had Sales for A, give me their sales for B

It works for each ID on the table and the row shows 0 for the row if sales for A were 0, but the Grand Total returns the entire Sales for B (not just the sum of the sales for IDs that had more than 0 sales for A).

Any ideas on how to get the total to work correctly?

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.