Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngiam
Helper I
Helper I

Sum selected % from table into card

Hi,

How do I select the 3 column highlighted in red (let's say the legend is : A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H) and sum up the percentage (legend : D,F,G) into a card?

And this will change according to selection from another filter.

ngiam_0-1611512062448.png

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ngiam ,
According to the information you currently provide, if you want to select the marked column as a specific color, you can directly change it in the data colour in the format.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1611654664538.jpeg

Since I don’t know the specific judgment logic of the field in your visual, is it a field in the original data model or a created measure? No further tests can be done temporarily.
Or you can use the method of condition judgment to change the specific column that meets the condition, refer to the following.

v-henryk-mstf_1-1611654680037.jpeg

If you require the sum of the selected per value, you can try to create a measure, using the If function, set the per value that meets the condition to 1, otherwise it is 0. Finally, sum the per value corresponding to value 1.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide a detailed data model and information, so as to facilitate my further testing. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ngiam ,
According to the information you currently provide, if you want to select the marked column as a specific color, you can directly change it in the data colour in the format.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1611654664538.jpeg

Since I don’t know the specific judgment logic of the field in your visual, is it a field in the original data model or a created measure? No further tests can be done temporarily.
Or you can use the method of condition judgment to change the specific column that meets the condition, refer to the following.

v-henryk-mstf_1-1611654680037.jpeg

If you require the sum of the selected per value, you can try to create a measure, using the If function, set the per value that meets the condition to 1, otherwise it is 0. Finally, sum the per value corresponding to value 1.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide a detailed data model and information, so as to facilitate my further testing. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ngiam really not sure what you are looking for, share sample data and expected output. Is this % a measure? Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.