Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CameronS
Frequent Visitor

Sum of values from the last entry date

Am trying to create a measure which adds the latest values from each site as per the data below.  Have tried a number of different formulas but nothing seems to work.  Note that not all SiteID enter the information each day but looking to include the value from their last entry.

Data

SubmitTime SiteID PTWAIT

20/12/201812070
23/12/201812070
24/12/201812082000
25/12/201812081500
20/12/20181209129
23/12/20181209129
24/12/20181209129
25/12/20181209129
20/12/201812111738
23/12/201812111738
24/12/201812111738
25/12/201812111680
20/12/201812120
23/12/201812120
24/12/201812120

Expected Result for PTWAIT is:

3309 based on

SubmitTime SiteID PTWAIT

23/12/201812070
25/12/201812081500
25/12/20181209129
25/12/201812111680
24/12/201812120
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CameronS this will do it

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Measure 3 = 
VAR _maxdate = 
CALCULATE (
    MAX ('Top'[Date] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Top', 'Top'[SiteID] )
)
RETURN 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ('Top'[PTWAIT] ), 
    KEEPFILTERS ('Top'[Date]=_maxdate )
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CameronS Please use below measure to get the latest value per site

Measure = 
VAR _maxdate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[SubmitTime]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[SiteID]))
RETURN CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[PTWAIT]),'Table'[SubmitTime]=_maxdate)

If it helps accept the solution. 

@CameronS this will do it

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Measure 3 = 
VAR _maxdate = 
CALCULATE (
    MAX ('Top'[Date] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( 'Top', 'Top'[SiteID] )
)
RETURN 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ('Top'[PTWAIT] ), 
    KEEPFILTERS ('Top'[Date]=_maxdate )
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k 

Almost works - the result I get is the sum of the entries of the most recent date (appears to be filtered to only the most recent date only) - when using a card visual.

Doesn't appear to sum the latest entry for each SiteID, but rather sums the entries for each SiteID for the most recent date only.

Any suggestions?

@CameronS can you explain with example screen shot what you mean?

@CameronS 

Result measure = 
var lastentrydate = MAX('Table'[Date])
Return CALCULATE (SUM('Table'[PTWAIT]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[ID]),'Table'[Date]=lastentrydate)

lastentry date.JPG

Paul Zheng
Don't forget to hit THUMBS UP and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CameronS Please try below measure

Measure = 
VAR _maxDate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[SubmitTime]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[SiteId]))
RETURN IF(MAX('Table'[SubmitTime])=_maxDate,SUM('Table'[PTWait]))

@CameronS here is the output

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.