Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dsingh
Helper I
Helper I

Sum of values from same column

Hi Team,

Can someone help me acheive the below outcome in Table Matrix Visual. If i enable the column sub total it is counting the unique values which is not  expected and the expectation is if i click on any value in the table matrix including the total , the other charts  should change accordingly and this is not happening with measures. Note: I have A and B from the same column called "Services" and the values in the matrix are the unique count of computer names.

Region AA+B 
Andean 101121
US 257
Brazil279

Also is there any way where i can have calendar instead of the drop down list that changes these values based on the date selection.

Date.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Dsingh why you are using distinct?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dsingh can you share sample data and expected output. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see the sample data

Computer nameServicesRegion 
xAUS
yBBrazil
zBAndean
xABrazil
yABrazil

Expected Outcome

Region AA+B 
Andean 011
US 101
Brazil213

@Dsingh try this in matrix visual

image.png

and measure would be simple dax expression 

Measure = COUNTROWS( Table )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Hi,

Thank you for the help! Finally it worked . 

Total = COUNTROWS(DISTINCT(table)) - Distinct is used there were duplicate computer names.

result.PNG

One last thing: How do i fill in the blanks with 0 in the table matrix. Adding +0 to the Total measure is not working.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is what i got. Total is still not the sum of Software Not Installed(a) and Service Not Running(b) columns. If i donot use distinct in the measure then the values in the 2 columns a and b are not accurate.

result.PNG

@Dsingh why you are using distinct?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This looks like a measure totals problem. Very common. See my post about it here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

Also, this Quick Measure, Measure Totals, The Final Word should get you what you need:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.