cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srlabhe123 Helper IV
Helper IV

Sum of measure for dimension

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in makeing sum of value for certain value of dimenssion.

Please check below figure I wanted to have Actual cost where Yesterday = Y and Plant =1400 , but when i use formula below 

ActualCostSAP = calculate(SUM(SAPView,SAPView[Actual Cost]),FILTER(SAPView,SAPView[YESTERDAY]="Y" && [SelectedPlant]=SAPView[PLANT]))

it givesme result as 101,081.88 while its right value is  33693.96

image2.JPG

Check the below figure , it seems my DAX formula is not filtering out the row for 1400 and period, PLease note the Plant and period is selected from slicer as shown below 

Imag1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Sum of measure for dimension

Hi @srlabhe123,
Your formula with the SUM function looks stange, should it be SUMX( ) or  SUM(SAPView[Actual Cost])?

If you want to show the measure in the table visual, I suggest ues this modified formula:

ActualCostSAP = calculate(SUM(SAPView,SAPView[Actual Cost]),FILTER(ALL(SAPView),SAPView[YESTERDAY]="Y" && [SelectedPlant]=SAPView[PLANT]))

It it dosen't work, could you please share the sample pbix file to have a test?  You could upload your file to OneDrive or Dropbox and send the link here.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @srlabhe123,
Your formula with the SUM function looks stange, should it be SUMX( ) or  SUM(SAPView[Actual Cost])?

If you want to show the measure in the table visual, I suggest ues this modified formula:

ActualCostSAP = calculate(SUM(SAPView,SAPView[Actual Cost]),FILTER(ALL(SAPView),SAPView[YESTERDAY]="Y" && [SelectedPlant]=SAPView[PLANT]))

It it dosen't work, could you please share the sample pbix file to have a test?  You could upload your file to OneDrive or Dropbox and send the link here.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @srlabhe123,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors