Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum of average - Additional assistance

Hi,

i'd create a table like this in DAX.

• In the 1st step there is the start data (in yellow).
  • In the 2nd step there is an average for 3 values ( in 3 months - row 7)

Which is the DAX formula to do this ? Is it possible ?   problem.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Dom_Bal_1987,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get the average of the data from current month to later two months.

Could you please tell us what’s your original table like? Using the Date as the column name? In this scenario, we need to unpivot the table:

1111.png

The result will like below, change the column names to Date, MM - ManMonths:

222.png

Then create a calculated column like below to create an index:

Row Number = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table1),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[Date] < EARLIER(Table1[Date])))+1

After that we can calculate the MM - ManMonths (Media - I Round) using the following query:

MM - ManMonths (Media - I Round) = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Table1[MM - ManMonths]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),Table1[Row Number] >= EARLIER(Table1[Row Number]) && Table1[Row Number] <= EARLIER(Table1[Row Number]) +2 ))

The result will like below:

2323.png

Best Regards,

Teige

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

thanks for your solution. I forgot that the excel table is the sum of many rows. Your solution it's good but i've to change the index step. 
This is the situation: i have many rows to sum and i'd i have to do the same work on these rows. 

How can i insert the index coloumn for each date, not row? I can use the allexcept formula for each date to insert the index coloumn ? 

Cattura.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.