Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum of a measure

Hi there

I'm trying to perform a sum based on a subtraction of two other measures. However, when I set a condition in a IF statement, the P Bi does not do the sum.
The measures goes as follow:

<> falta int
# tickets *-falta int = calculate ( [# tickets] , filter ( base , [subcategoria] <> "Projeto - Falta interação"))

= falta int
# tickets * falta int = calculate ( [# tickets] , filter ( base , [subcategoria] = "Projeto - Falta interação"))

Sim? = if( 
                and ( 
                    ( not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) ) = ( not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ) ) , 
                    not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) &&  not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ) ) , 
                    1  ,            -- TRUE 
                    blank () )      -- FALSE

tELEFONE.png

The problem that i can't make it through is how to make the [Sim?] measure actually sum the values instead of showing a single value ( 1 ). The other measures do the sum, but not the [Sim?] one.

Any thoughts? I guess that the first two measures count the rows, and this can be the reason on why the last one does not perform the sum - it only indicates whether the value will be 1 or blank. Being this the actually reason why, how can I work this situation around and do the sum?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , try this measure for [Sim?]

Sim? =
    SUMX(
        VALUES('Base'[Telefone]),
        if( 
                and ( 
                    ( not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) ) = ( not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ) ) , 
                    not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) &&  not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ) ) , 
                    1  ,            -- TRUE 
                    blank ()        -- FALSE
        )
    )

Or to tidy up the logic the way I think it should be:

Sim? =
    SUMX(
        if(not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) && not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ), 1)
    )

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , the [Sim?] measure you posted above has an IF statement that will only ever return a 1 or FALSE. It does not perform any addition or summing.

I assumed you have tried this?

Sim? = [# tickets *-falta int] + [# tickets * falta int]

And if you only want Sim? to display a value if both the other measures have a value:

Sim? =
    IF(
        ISBLANK([# tickets *-falta int]) || ISBLANK([# tickets * falta int]),
        BLANK(),
        [# tickets *-falta int] + [# tickets * falta int]
    )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey buddy

Actually by summing both measures the outcome wont be what I indeed want. The only difference in the formula you suggested is instead of summing 

[# tickets *-falta int] + [# tickets * falta int]

it should return 1, and then do the sum of this measure.

Sim? =
    IF(
        ISBLANK([# tickets *-falta int]) || ISBLANK([# tickets * falta int]),
        BLANK(),
        1 -- when I try using either 1 or blank, the result is always 1 or blank
    )

The desired outcome goes like this:

pedrohp503_0-1655228742349.png

AnaJimenez
Frequent Visitor

Hi, can you show us how you need the table to look like?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ana @AnaJimenez 

I'd like to make a sum of these 1. For instance, there are 56 values that match what I've setted, therefore what I want to do is to create a measure that will sum and display this number of 56. Currently it's only showing a bunch of 1 (precisely 56 of these) without showing the final number.

tELEFONE.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , try this measure for [Sim?]

Sim? =
    SUMX(
        if( 
                and ( 
                    1  ,            -- TRUE 
                    blank ()        -- FALSE
        )
    )

Or to tidy up the logic the way I think it should be:

Sim? =
    SUMX(
        if(not isblank ( [# tickets *-falta int] ) && not isblank ( [# tickets * falta int] ), 1)
    )

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has worked, my friend. Thank you.

Just one thing: when I put it into the table it worked just fine, however in a card it does not show the 75 the same way it did in the table. Do you know why it happened?

pedrohp503_0-1655234261014.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , I'm not sure why the measure doesn't work in a Card visual. Try putting a filter on the Card visual for 'Base'[Telefone] and try it with individual values, and with a range of values, and see if it works. This may help find where the issue is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even doing as you suggested me to, it does not worked properly into a visual card, however i'll be using it through a table for now. If I find a way to make it work I'll share it here. Once again, thank you very much.

Best regards.

Pedro H.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.