Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VineetaSirohi
Regular Visitor

Sum of Rows vs Expression Total logic in Power BI

Hi , 

I need help in converting one logic implemented in Qlikview to have same in Power BI. The specific measure is using Sum Of Rows in place of "Expression Total" in Qlikview. Ideally it should be expression total for measures which is working fine  in Power BI when I put measure formula in Power BI.

VineetaSirohi_0-1606471594339.png

Now, when I am putting the expression for measure in Power BI , the measure total in PBI visual is not matching. Total in not matching when data is exported to csv. Say, Measure Total = 100 in Power BI visual. On export to excel/csv , total comes 40 (this total is same as in QLikview due to sum of rows option) 

Attaching PBIX for referance.

The measure Total Invoice Value$ is the one what is causing issue. WHen export the visual the some for this measure column is not matching to PBI sum.

Pls help here urgently.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
VineetaSirohi
Regular Visitor

Just relaised I am not able to attach PBIX file here for referance. Can anyone suggest how I can attach one here.

Hi @VineetaSirohi ,

You can upload your pbix file to OneDrive for Business, then share the file link with me. Please find the details in the following documentation.

Share OneDrive files and folders

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft 

The access on OneDrive is very limited and I can't share the URL with access out of organization, Is there any other way to check this. I have PBIX file but not able to share.  even specific people is also not working. Any other way !

VineetaSirohi_0-1606760263148.png

Hi @VineetaSirohi ,

You can paste your sample data with Text format(as below table) in your post and explain your desired result with calculation logic. Thank you.

Field 1 Field 2 Field 3
ID1 AA 2
ID2 BB 6
ID3 CC 8
ID4 DD 4

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.