Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum of Cumulative

Hi! The requirement is to get the total number of accounts as of the month. So what I did is I created a measure that gets the cumulative value. However, looking at the sum, it didn't add up all the values. Anyone can help me on this please?

Cumulative.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Can you share the dax of your measures?

As suggested by @v-danhe-msft , the sumx will help you get to your answer but would depend on how your measure is written

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I tried the measure but it didnt work.

Here's my measure: 

Accounts.PNG

Accounts =
CALCULATE(COUNT(Account[accountid]), Account[statecode] = 0, USERELATIONSHIP(Account[createdon], 'Date dimension'[Date]),
FILTER (
ALL ( 'Date dimension'[Date] ),
'Date dimension'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date dimension'[Date] )
)
)

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try to with HASONEVALUE function or ISFILTERED function to calculated your data, below links that may have the same problem with you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-Total-not-correct/td-p/495362

If it still could not help you, I suggest you offer your pbix file that I could test for you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, you could use SUMX function to solve your problem:

[Measure] is your running total measure

Create below measure:

Measure 2 = SUMX('Table1',[Measure])

Result:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.