Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum for last 7 working days

I need to calculate the change in qty between last 7 days and previous 7 days.  I am doing that by:

Qty Change 7d = calculate([Returned Qty],DATESBETWEEN('DateTable'[Date],TODAY()-8,TODAY()) - calculate([Returned Qty],DATESBETWEEN('DateTable'[Date],TODAY()-7,TODAY()-15))

I am using a Date Dim table and I do have week names and week numbers in the table. How do I change the DAX to only include last 7 working days (and 7 working days prior to that) & exclude Saturday and Sunday? 

Many Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you should be able to follow steps below to get your expected. Smiley Happy

1. Use the formula below to add a calculate column in your DateTable that is 1 for workdays and 0 for non-workdays.

IsWorkday = SWITCH(WEEKDAY('DateTable'[Date]),1,0,7,0,1)

2. User the formula below to create a measure to calculate the workdays between a date and Today.

Count Of Workday =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'DateTable' ),
        'DateTable'[Date] <= TODAY ()
            && 'DateTable'[Date] >= MAX ( 'DateTable'[Date] )
            && 'DateTable'[IsWorkday] = 1
    )
)

3. Then you should be able to use the formula below to create the measure to calculate the change in qty between last 7 days and previous 7 days.

Qty Change 7d =
CALCULATE (
    [Returned Qty],
    FILTER ( 'DateTable', [Count Of Workday] > 0 && [Count Of Workday] <= 8 )
)
    - CALCULATE (
        [Returned Qty],
        FILTER ( 'DateTable', [Count Of Workday] > 8 && [Count Of Workday] <= 15 )
    )

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I've created a table showing the balance and two measures to show the rpevious days balance and the difference between the two balances.

I'm trying to create a measure which works out the net difference for the last 7 days. Could someone please help?

gh614_0-1652970251032.png

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you should be able to follow steps below to get your expected. Smiley Happy

1. Use the formula below to add a calculate column in your DateTable that is 1 for workdays and 0 for non-workdays.

IsWorkday = SWITCH(WEEKDAY('DateTable'[Date]),1,0,7,0,1)

2. User the formula below to create a measure to calculate the workdays between a date and Today.

Count Of Workday =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'DateTable' ),
        'DateTable'[Date] <= TODAY ()
            && 'DateTable'[Date] >= MAX ( 'DateTable'[Date] )
            && 'DateTable'[IsWorkday] = 1
    )
)

3. Then you should be able to use the formula below to create the measure to calculate the change in qty between last 7 days and previous 7 days.

Qty Change 7d =
CALCULATE (
    [Returned Qty],
    FILTER ( 'DateTable', [Count Of Workday] > 0 && [Count Of Workday] <= 8 )
)
    - CALCULATE (
        [Returned Qty],
        FILTER ( 'DateTable', [Count Of Workday] > 8 && [Count Of Workday] <= 15 )
    )

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome.. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.