Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

badger123
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sum based on filtered values

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I have tried to illustrate my problem with simplified tables and data below. See here for the pbix file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1emMTSkXIrs0D8ZIjVURqC0yLf_70Ma3k

I have items and terms in Table 1 - the same term can be against multiple items. I am using Item from Table 3 as a slicer which works in an exclude manner, so if an item is selected (e.g. item two) this excludes all terms that are tagged against item two (see measure 1). Then for remaining terms (those not excluded) the values are showing (see measure 2).  

Measure1 = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table3'[Term ID]), CROSSFILTER(Table3[Term ID], Table1[Term ID], both))
Measure 2 = IF(isblank([Measure1]),SUM(Table2[Values]), BLANK())

Capture1.PNG

Capture4.PNGCapture2.PNG

What I'm trying to achieve is to apply the same logic without having to put term as a field in a table visual. Specifically, I want to show the items based on the terms that haven't been excluded from selecting an item, and sum the values of the non-excluded terms against the items. Using the example above, I would like the table visual to show: 

ItemValues
item one3930
item three2550

Is this possible? Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @badger123 ,

The pbix file you shared requires a permission, please grant the permission to me or share it via other storage.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hey @TeigeGao ! Sorry, I shared the wrong link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1emMTSkXIrs0D8ZIjVURqC0yLf_70Ma3k

Hopefully that should let you download the pbix file 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.