cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffbeckinc Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sum/Ratio problem

I have location I am trying to set a min and max up for a shipping schedule.  If filtered for a single day, everything looks fine but when include multiple days (like 5 days as shown in table below), start seeing inbound as a ratio of "Actual Total".

For example, Actual Daily Min top line has 19 for daily min, but over a 5 day period it multiplying 19 * 60 (or the Actual Total) to get 1140 where I just want it to be : 19 *5  . In this example I want the total to reflect 19*5 or 95.

I have a lookup value for the Actual Daily Min that inputs a value for every row in my table so I imagine I need to create a measure to accomplish my 19 *5 or whatever total based on date range.  That is where I am stuck.

Thank you for looking and appreciate any guidance you can provide

Sum Ratio 2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Sum/Ratio problem

What are the current measures you're using?  I'm most interested in how you're calculating [Actual Total] and [Incorrect 5 day Min Inbound]

Frequent Visitor

Actual Total is a distinct count of shipment numbers

Incorrect 5 day Min Inbound is from a Lookup Value from a static table  that will be updated monthly

Super User
Super User

So then wouldn't the fix be updating your static table with the correct values?

Frequent Visitor

I don't believe so because it will change depending on how it is filter; day, week, month. 

It is setup in the static table to be daily. 

I believe I need to create a measure to avoid the calculated column, row by row taking the lookup value found in the static table and multipling by number of loads. 

For example: I want it to calculate 5 days times 4 loads minimum a day for total of 20 loads in a 5 day period but it is taking 4 load minimum per day and multiplying by 9 loads(since 9 loads actually shipped over the 5 day period).

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,389)