Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

InterSimi
Helper II
Helper II

Sum Multiple Filtered Sums

I have 3 seperate cards, reporting the following:

• Yet to bill value (backlog)
  • Changes to the backlog
  • Installed Value

The changes and the backlog come from 2 different tables and are filtered differently. Is there a method in which I can sum the 3 cards together, giving me a total?

sum cards.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If the cards are being fed by measures, you could just make a new fourth measure that's something like:

OverallTotal = calculate([yettobill])+calculate([backlogchanges])+calculate([installedvalue])

As you're using calculate rather than just adding the three together, you can then put the relevant filter context into each bit of the formula to get your desired results, for example if the last one was just calculated over where some field foo has the value bar, you'd have calculate([installedvalue],yourtable[foo]="bar")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If the cards are being fed by measures, you could just make a new fourth measure that's something like:

OverallTotal = calculate([yettobill])+calculate([backlogchanges])+calculate([installedvalue])

As you're using calculate rather than just adding the three together, you can then put the relevant filter context into each bit of the formula to get your desired results, for example if the last one was just calculated over where some field foo has the value bar, you'd have calculate([installedvalue],yourtable[foo]="bar")

That is perfect thankyou.

To be honest, I never thought about using measures because of the filters applied, however the filters are just as applicable to the meaure, as they are the intial results....

sum cards 2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.