Highlighted
InterSimi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Sum Multiple Filtered Sums

I have 3 seperate cards, reporting the following:

• Yet to bill value (backlog)
  • Changes to the backlog
  • Installed Value

The changes and the backlog come from 2 different tables and are filtered differently. Is there a method in which I can sum the 3 cards together, giving me a total?

sum cards.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthomson New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sum Multiple Filtered Sums

If the cards are being fed by measures, you could just make a new fourth measure that's something like:

OverallTotal = calculate([yettobill])+calculate([backlogchanges])+calculate([installedvalue])

As you're using calculate rather than just adding the three together, you can then put the relevant filter context into each bit of the formula to get your desired results, for example if the last one was just calculated over where some field foo has the value bar, you'd have calculate([installedvalue],yourtable[foo]="bar")

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson New Contributor
New Contributor

If the cards are being fed by measures, you could just make a new fourth measure that's something like:

OverallTotal = calculate([yettobill])+calculate([backlogchanges])+calculate([installedvalue])

As you're using calculate rather than just adding the three together, you can then put the relevant filter context into each bit of the formula to get your desired results, for example if the last one was just calculated over where some field foo has the value bar, you'd have calculate([installedvalue],yourtable[foo]="bar")

InterSimi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

That is perfect thankyou.

To be honest, I never thought about using measures because of the filters applied, however the filters are just as applicable to the meaure, as they are the intial results....

sum cards 2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 1,199 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: