Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum Average of five years given month and day

Hello Everyone!

I'm working on trying to take a dataset that needs to show the five year average of one value but only between June 10th and July 31st. 

I would like to have a slicer filter that allows the user to select the month and day instead of the month, day, and year between two values. The end result is to show the average sum breakdown of 2013 - 2017 compared to the 2019 sum. Help_fire_mitigation.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solvedmy issue by creating a new column "ddmm" and filtered out the first 9 days of July out of the data set. Fire Mitigation picture_solced.PNG 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you can do is parse your date column to split up the day, month, and year. Then you can make a slicer just for months and set a visual level filter for the years. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solvedmy issue by creating a new column "ddmm" and filtered out the first 9 days of July out of the data set. Fire Mitigation picture_solced.PNG 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the closest example I have to what I want it to look like, but the day range becomes misconstrued due to the fact that it won't include July 1 - 9 in this example. I need to see the data from June 10th - July 31st. Is there a way to merge the month slicer with the day range slicer and keep the year slicer separate? all my dates are separated into month, day, and year.  

Fire Mitigation picture.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

This one should help you in creating a slicer. Also, you should able to create more formula's to get the Avg between certain ranges 

https://medium.com/chandakamit/power-bi-comparing-data-across-date-ranges-36be49b68613

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.