Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions on a Power Query, DAX, Power Pivot, and the typical data modelling book?

Hi,

I'm looking for a book to explain the subjects of Power Query, DAX, Power Pivot, and the typical data modelling scenarios.

If a book only mentions one subject then I will not get to understand the overlap between them. If I were to find a book that explains each of these subjects then it will also explain the overlapping and identify what subject/skill you should use for which task. Therefore, preferably, I would like a book that contains each subject.

I am not no so concerned with a book on the Power BI visual features and formatting as, in my experience, it will probably be out of date by now as Power BI is changing fast. The key for me is the modelling and shaping of data. So I would like a book that explains the common scenarios on the data in its raw form and how to shape it to produce the optimal data model for reporting.

I have reviewed the books are Amazon but as there are so many I cannot single one out - hence coming to you for your suggestions.

Please can anyone suggest a book that meets this requirement or maybe training videos that provide the above?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I and Alberto Ferrari wrote this book about data modeling for Power BI and Power Pivot:

http://www.sqlbi.com/books/analyzing-data-with-microsoft-power-bi-and-power-pivot-for-excel/

I hope it helps!

Marco Russo - SQLBI

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I and Alberto Ferrari wrote this book about data modeling for Power BI and Power Pivot:

http://www.sqlbi.com/books/analyzing-data-with-microsoft-power-bi-and-power-pivot-for-excel/

I hope it helps!

Marco Russo - SQLBI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both, ordered!

Hi @Anonymous,

Great to hear you have found a good book. Could you accept the helpful reply as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Try the site https://www.sqlbi.com, it as a lot's of information, training and also books that you can have.

One of the authors is now connected on the Community so you can also contact him @AlbertoFerrari.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.