Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kletzy
Advocate III
Advocate III

Suddenly unable to add custom visuals

Today I suddenly have an issue when trying to add custom visuals while using Desktop - the Add box is "greyed" out - this is the case for all custom visuals and has never been an issue before - any ideas please? I am signed into the service. This is while using the "Get more Visuals" feature.

Kletzy_0-1651132426547.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Kletzy 

As a workaround, you can try getting the Power BI visual (.pbiviz file) from the web version of Appsource, then import the Power BI visual (.pbiviz file) into PowerBI.

Appsource link: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381364 

6.png

You can also directly import the pbiviz file in my attachment.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kletzy , Ask tenant admin to check and allow permission to use custom visual (not verified)

Power bi service -> Three Dots on right top -> Setting -> Admin Protal -> Tenant setting

Thank you for your reply - I could add custom visuals a couple of days ago with no issues and nothing has changed on the admin side. I'm also able to download a custom visual manually from appsource and then import it into the desktop app and publish with no issues, just not add directly from the desktop app.

Hi, @Kletzy 

As a workaround, you can try getting the Power BI visual (.pbiviz file) from the web version of Appsource, then import the Power BI visual (.pbiviz file) into PowerBI.

Appsource link: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381364 

6.png

You can also directly import the pbiviz file in my attachment.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors