Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suddenly errors in whole desktop rapport - Want me to "Apply changes"

Hi,

Every month for more than a year I made a budget control in Power BI at my job.  Suddenly, and out of the blue, I get an "Apply changes" when I open the desktop report.

When I "Apply changes" all charts fails. Then I press "Edit queries". I can now see, that the step "Changed type" is gone. That means that each column haven't been defined. Then I define it as it should be, text/numbers, and "Close and use". Then some of the charts works. However the "Apply changes" still appears, and if I accept that, the charts that now works, fails again. Besides that all my measues doesn't appear. In that way it makes sense, that most charts doesn't work before I "Applied changes" the second time.

Another thing is, that the data doesn't appear in the data view inside the report. In that way it makes sense, that all charts makes errors.

I would have liked to post some pictures as you could before.

Can anyone help med please?

Best regards Jonas

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I can’t reproduce your issue . Can  I ask you some questions?Please let me know the details below.

1. Is this happening in all the reports, or is this one only happening?
  2. Do you try  to close the  file but not save and re-open it ? Does the report still appear “apply changes”?
  3. Do you update your machine or some software? Please check if you have installed the latest version of power bi desktop.
  4. Is it a shared file? Has anyone else changed the file?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-xuding,

At this momemt our IT-support installed the april-version of PBI, and then it works perfectly again. The conclusion must then be, that there is something in the may-june update, there isn't compatible with my charts/measures/data.  I hope that the later versions will run smoothly again, because of the huge amount of time used to built it.

Thanks for your answer though 🙂

Best regards Jonas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I can’t reproduce your issue . Can  I ask you some questions?Please let me know the details below.

1. Is this happening in all the reports, or is this one only happening?
  2. Do you try  to close the  file but not save and re-open it ? Does the report still appear “apply changes”?
  3. Do you update your machine or some software? Please check if you have installed the latest version of power bi desktop.
  4. Is it a shared file? Has anyone else changed the file?

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-xuding,

At this momemt our IT-support installed the april-version of PBI, and then it works perfectly again. The conclusion must then be, that there is something in the may-june update, there isn't compatible with my charts/measures/data.  I hope that the later versions will run smoothly again, because of the huge amount of time used to built it.

Thanks for your answer though 🙂

Best regards Jonas

Hi @Anonymous 

Glad to your issue solved. I suggest you to download Power BI from the Microsoft Store, it will be updated automatically.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem was the new update, so that wouldn't help. But thanks anyway.

Regards Jonas

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 - Apply changes.PNG2 - Applied changes.PNG3 - Change type.PNG4 - Advanced editor.PNGIn chronological order

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors