Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prakash11440278
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Subtotal text value as dynamic

Hi Team,

Is it possible to change the subtotal labels as dynamic. Currently there is no option to change subtotal labels to dynamic based on the values. Can you all help on this. 

prakash11440278_0-1617858198401.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prakash11440278 ,

Based on your description, you can use INSCOPE() to create a measure as follows.

For example, I just want the subtotal of column "C2" to be displayed.

Measure = IF(ISINSCOPE(test_subtotal[C2]),SUM('test_subtotal'[Value]))

Result:

v-yuaj-msft_0-1618193584561.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
amikm
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @prakash11440278 , we have a Total label for matrix and table visual, did you tried that?

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prakash11440278 ,

Based on your description, you can use INSCOPE() to create a measure as follows.

For example, I just want the subtotal of column "C2" to be displayed.

Measure = IF(ISINSCOPE(test_subtotal[C2]),SUM('test_subtotal'[Value]))

Result:

v-yuaj-msft_0-1618193584561.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuaj-msft ,

Thanks for the reply. Here my requirement is different, i dont want hide the subtotals values. I want to change subtotal labels should be dynamic. Currently if we change the subtotals name it will change entire row. That i dont want to do that.

Hi @prakash11440278 ,

Thanks for your reply. So do you want to change every single subtotal label? I doubt if it is possible. Power BI does not seem to support the feature you mentioned. The "Row subtotal labels" refers to all subtotals and grandtotal labels. 

v-yuaj-msft_1-1619083235599.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

HI @v-yuaj-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. Instead of Change_Total label i want to display applie total, banana total & orange total, etc.... Is it possible?

Hi @prakash11440278 ,

Thanks for your reply. Currently I don't think it is possible. I did a test as follows.

If you set "Rows subtotal position" as "Top", the label is Item name and it will not be changed by "Row subtotal labels".  If you set it as "Bottom", all the subtotals will be changed as the same ones.

042201.gif

Best Regards,

Yuna

Hi @v-yuaj-msft , Thanks a lot for your reply.

As i know this not possible in Matrix chart. Any alternate solution i can use and acheive the same functionality please?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@prakash11440278 , You have an option two change "row subtotal label". I think you can only rename "total" part of it

Sub total rename.png

HI @amitchandak ,

Yes. If we add the subtotal text value it will be applicable for entire column, i dont want that. In above example i need to display as dynamic means x site total, y site total & z site total these all are dynamic. 

@prakash11440278 , I doubt that is possible. Good idea to have - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Hi @amitchandak ,

You mean to say this feature is not available in Power BI as of now? Any workaround for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.