Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subtotal of a measure

Hi,

I know this is an subject that was covered a lot, unfortunately, none of the answers provided can help me, or I'm just too stupid to understand and apply them.

I have goods given for free to clients and I wish I could determine how much I could save by giving goods with lesser COGS i/o my current one.

My main issue is, I have to use a measure to calculate my COGS/unit, as my database shows a quantity of goods of 0 as long as it's free goods (so I basically calculate my COGS/unit on proper sales, then apply that figure to free goods sales).

Obviously, goods are split according to their type, size, etc... and I need to respect that breakdown when replacing free goods by others. So far so good and Power BI got me through and gave me for instance this table:

Capture.PNG

As you can see, if I add both rows, in a classic Power BI fashion, it doesn't add up to 691 units.

I cannot revert back to a column, as explained, so any SUMX based solution cannot apply there.

If anyone could get me a sure fire way of getting a proper sub total, I'd really like it 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

turns out solution was a SUMX...

Real_Subttoal = sumx(filter(Catalogue;Catalogue[Product Segment]=SELECTEDVALUE(Catalogue[Product Segment]) && Catalogue[Size/Dimension Unified]=SELECTEDVALUE(Catalogue[Size/Dimension Unified]));[GIK Qty])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

turns out solution was a SUMX...

Real_Subttoal = sumx(filter(Catalogue;Catalogue[Product Segment]=SELECTEDVALUE(Catalogue[Product Segment]) && Catalogue[Size/Dimension Unified]=SELECTEDVALUE(Catalogue[Size/Dimension Unified]));[GIK Qty])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.