Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Substract value from each row of a column

Hello guys. I am newbie on Power BI tool so I have a question. I have this data as an example on Excel.

test.PNG

I divide  Z / W = 4.52 . This is the easy step.

I want to substract the 4.52 (Z/W) from each row from column X and create new column with the results. For example 4.52-3.38 = 1.14. Keep in mind that I have some slicers that affect my report. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You could try below sample.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , as a new column

table[X]- divide(sum(Table[z]),sum(Table[w]))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @amitchandak for your answer but it's not the result that I want (it's my fault). Check the image below.

test.PNG

What I want is to take the Total of Ratio (Actual) column which is 4.52 and then substract it from each row of the same column. For example 4.52 - 3.38 (the first row of this table), 4.52-4.5(2nd row) etc. and put the results in Column 2. However I have slicer that affect the report like the above one and some other like date. Thank you again.

@Anonymous , I was expecting a need of measure and  I given a column

try like

[X]- calculate(divide(sum(Table[z]),sum(Table[w])),allselected())

[X]- calculate(divide(sum(Table[z]),sum(Table[w])),all(table))

Here [X] is also meausre with aggreation you alreay have 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak  again and thank you. Please can you replace the columns of calculation that you've done with the real columns name that I have from PowerBI screenshot? Also which of two calculations that you write must use? I am sorry but as I said before I am newbie. Please keep in mind that this visualizatio table is from  two database tables that I have made relationships. Thank you again.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't know your expression used on "Total of Ratio (Actual)", so if possible, could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your expected output and your sample data )? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dax . Thank you for your help. Please find below the data and the table that I am using.

test.PNG

Those data is from 2 tables. Lets say Table A and Table B. The column Total Ratio(Actual) is a measure expression:

Ratio (Actual) =
DIVIDE(
    SUM('TableA'[z]),
    SUM('TableB'[Actual])
)

So I have the Total Ratio Actual which is 4.52. I want this number to subtract it from every row of the same column for each hour.

For example Total Ratio Actual - Ratio(Actual) [hour 10: 4.52 - 3.38 = 1.1, hour 11: 4.52 - 4.5 = 0, etc....] for every hour( 10-20) and create a new column with those results. Also I have a slicer for every date and some IDs. I will waiting for your answer. If is not clear what I want please tell me. Thanks again.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You could try measure like below and refer to my sample for details.

Measure 2 = DIVIDE(SUM(TableA[actual]),SUM(TableB[Z]))- DIVIDE(SUMX(ALLSELECTED(TableA),TableA[actual]),SUMX(ALLSELECTED(TableB),TableB[Z]))

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dax . I did your calculation but it breaks the table. Do you know why? Please see the image below.

test.PNG

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You could try below sample.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dax . Thank you. My viz is ok now.....Thanks a lot!

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

It might be caused by your data relstionship or slicer, if possible, could you please inform me your sample data(you could use virtual data instead of real data, two tables)? then I will test this in my environment.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dax . I sent you a private message.Thanks

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Try a measure like

Measure = 
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE(SUM(Table[x]), ALL(Table)),
CALCULATE(SUM(Table[y]), ALL(Table))
) - MAX(Table[x])

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.