Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Substract measure from another measure: result should show 0,0 instead of -4,0E-8

Hello,

I have created a measure 'Delta' to show the difference between 2 other measures: 'Actuals' - 'Budget' (DeltaLEMTPFY Millions = [LE Millions] - [MTP FY Millions] ) . When the result comes close to 0, the result shows -4,0E-8. However it should show 0,0 (always 1 decimal)

In the matrix visual that I see I have set the decimals to 1:

decimal.JPG

Any idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can round using the below DAX for a calculated column

Column = ROUND(Table2[Value], 1) 

Difference before and after rounding off is shown in screenshot below

va.PNG

First image values are not rounded off while the 2nd image values are rounded off. The Other scenario of negative values also handled 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Power BI is showing the data as -4.0E-8 because the values for that case is -0.00000004.

So in this case you can round your values to the No. of decimals that you want. But again rounding off to 1 decimal will automatically show it as 0.0 and anyother negative value such as -5.2 will continue to show as -5.2

The Other aolution is that you should handle the negative values so that they are always replaced with 0. Once you do this the report will always show 0.0 whenever the value becomes negative. In this case a value of -5.2 will also be replaced with 0.0, which might not be desirable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks, but I want to show negative values also. So, whether the value is positive of negative it should always show 1 decimal. So in this example I would expect -0,0 as end result. 

So in this case you can round your values to the No. of decimals that you want. But again rounding off to 1 decimal will automatically show it as 0.0 and anyother negative value such as -5.2 will continue to show as -5.2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know how to round the figure? Round function is not working (or I am using it incorrecly). Or do I need another function? 

You can round using the below DAX for a calculated column

Column = ROUND(Table2[Value], 1) 

Difference before and after rounding off is shown in screenshot below

va.PNG

First image values are not rounded off while the 2nd image values are rounded off. The Other scenario of negative values also handled 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that works! I made a mistake using the round function. Thanks for helping me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors