Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

heatherl
Frequent Visitor

Sub-totals on table

Hi all,

I have what feels like a very simple question, but I have searched a few times and asked a co-worker with more experience, and have not found a simple solution.

I have a table visual that looks like this.

Capture.PNG

All I want is a sub-total based on the first column (Non-Contract Category). It would sub-total the Wages and Revenue columns.

All the solutions I find involve creating a matrix which dramatically changes the appearance and behavior of the visual. I really just want three lines added to this table, one sub-total for each category.

Am I missing a simple solution?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@heatherl matrix is the best way to address it and you ruled out that. Table visual doesn't have subtotal option but somehow this can be achieved by creating summarize table and some juggling but not sure if that is worth for this simple task but can be surely achieved.

You don't want to use matrix visual because of its interaction which seems bit odd. 

Also try on market place if there are visuals which can get this going.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Maybe I am just not familiar enought with the matrix option to tailor it the way my user wants to see the data; I can look at it again.  It just seems like such a simple requirement that I thought there must be a way to do it.

Matrix is easy and quick way to go. I will put sample for you when I am in front of computer.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks,

This is the best I have acheived so far.Capture.PNG

The EN Code column ends up duplicated and it doesn't actually group by Non-Contract Category. There's extra total columns at the end but no sub-totals by Non-Contract Category.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.