Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

piotrkopti
Frequent Visitor

Stuff column in table visualization result for custom hyperlink usage?

Hello, I was asked to prepare custom hyperlink in table visualization that will open a website and show more detailed data using filter (not a powerbi vizualisation), parameter for this filter need be handed over from powebi visualization (table in powerbi shows aggregated data by "parent", we wish to check details using ID). Issue is that I have this data aggreggated in powerbi table vizualization and see no ID at all. I don't know if this is even possible like this so I'am asking you guys so I don't waste many hours looking for solution

as example, powerbi data could be like this:

document namedocument details counter
Document1123
Document266

After some filtering on visualization we will see

document namedocument details counter
Document1100
Document220

What I wish to achieve is when we click "Document2" for example (which is hyperlink), we should be transferred to www and see 20 rows which are connected for this specific "Document2"

Maybe some calculated column that will store all "Document2 detail_ID" in one row? I have such data in my dataset. Can I DAX such column that will return in on row all 20 IDs with comma for example? "id1,id2,id3,id4...,id20"?

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@piotrkopti 
I doubt you can do that, seems go into a complicate situation. Maybe you can create a report page for each document data using Table visual, and publish report pages to web on Power BI Service. Then put the URLs (embed codes) into source table to each respective row, and load into Power BI desktop. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may be overcomplicating things. Have you considered using DrillThrough instead?

Case is I have to go to www, this is customer request

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.