Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck with Project PLEAS HELP

Hi dear PowerBI users,

I have been working and studying on my Power BI project I posted last weekend, currently I am a bit stuck an need some help, so here I go (The name are in spanish but I will provide some traduction).

• -In one table called (Registro_Lavado) all the information about how many hour you uso to clean some machine. (Date, Qty of Hours , Machine).

• I have created 3 measures on this table to see who much hours they uso, proportion and percentage.

• - A look up table called (Maquinas), that contains the information about the machines and from what POZO (well) it get its water THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

• -A Calendario (Calendar)

• -Water Registry (Registro_Agua), this where every day the janitor register water usage from 3 well, POZO 2,POZO 4 and POZO 7 , right now Registro_Lavado only uses Pozo 7 for washing.

My end goal it to see how much water this machines uses in water (they only use water from POZO 2 but i have to register all the well (Pozo 4 and Pozo 7)).

I need to create a measure that gets me the total of water used by the machines.

I will leave some screenshots to get you in reference. My database is on Excel.

Relational Model

I will Leave the Excel file with the data base.

DATABASE EXCEL ONLINE 

Thanks for your time with this guys!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

This problem does not have a unique solution. Here's why.

The machines are assigned to wells. There are many machines that use the same well. Take one day of work. We have the hours of work registered for each machine and we know how much water each well supplied. With this data, it's not possible to say how much water each machine used on the day.

To solve this puzzle, you have to have another assumption. For instance, if you say that the machines use the same units of water per hour for each well (it may be 0 as well if a machine does not use a particular well), then it can be solved. But you are missing this crucial piece of information to be able to say how much water each machine used for any given period of time from any given well.

Best
D
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @Anonymous 

What is is your expected output for these sample data?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

perhaps avoid crossposting?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PowerBI/comments/fqxeis/stuck_in_project_pleas_help/

Cheers,
Sturla

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.