Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

palunel
Helper I
Helper I

Stuck on Creating connection in model...

I have an Excel table at 4x8402.  When I try to connect to this table all goes well until it gets to Creating connection in model bit where it just sits.

It would appear as though data is in the PowerBI table but I can do nothing with it.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@palunel

If you have data model in your Excel workbook, you need to import it into Power BI instead of get data from Excel file.

44.PNG

Regards,

@Simon_Hou-MSFT wrote:

@palunel

If you have data model in your Excel workbook, you need to import it into Power BI instead of get data from Excel file.

44.PNG

Regards,

Simon, thanks but this is a standard Excel worksheet.  It just has too many colouns I beleive although all posts/searches I have done would suggest that 8403 colouns are not a problem.

So if I transpose the array to a 8604x4 array, it pulls in easily enough.  It is the 4x8604 that is the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.