Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

1question

Stuck at loading data to model for mySQL

It was working perfectly fine. Then today it stuck with the following window. I left it for hours, but nothing happened. Please help.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.16.40 pm.png

22 REPLIES 22
deepspacedev
Regular Visitor

I have this issue with MySQL Load phase in both PowerBI Desktop and Gateway - it will complete data load but stall at this page 

deepspacedev_0-1688024333741.png

redbenab

I accidentally stumbled across a fix for my problem. My Power Query was a Web.contents() Get api request and it simply could not get past the Enable Load into model and I was getting the same in progress timer indefinitely.

It turns out, the API response was returning a nested json which is equivalent to table of tables and I think each table, however small, is loaded by a thread. 

Fix for me was to navigate under home file menu Option & Settings -> Global Options and set the Maximum Number of Simultaneous Evaluations to more than 1 (which it was by default)

VirtualBox_Windows 10_15_07_2022_23_57_29.png

kakigopinath

got any solution for that.....?

i yes please share your solution...

tryed august version, re booted pc, re installed...

Hi

I have tested with the version of februray 2022. The problem has gone away.

Best regards

Hi,

Glad to know that it worked for you. I haven't the same luck.

Can I ask you what are s the settings related to data loading, in your PBI Desktop options windows? I wonder if those settings can make it work, or not.

Thanks

BrandyBurk
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  I get to 1.68 GB loaded and it stops making any progress at this point.  I've tried everything on this board suggested.  It worked fine in December.  I only have half a million rows in the query and it is pulling data from dataflows that load and refresh fine.  Getting desperate....

I never figured out what was causing the problem unfortunately.  I reverted my .pbix file back to an earlier version from a few months prior.  Luckily I hadn't made too many changes to it in those months so I made all the changes again to the old file and performed a refresh and it started working.  After this experience, I now keep quite a few "backup" versions so that if this ever happens again, I can go back to the one prior that refreshed fine.  Pain in the arse but don't see any way to get around the issue of it just refusing to finish a refresh.  

got any solution for that.....?

i yes please share your solution...

tryed august version, re booted pc, re installed...

calimero48
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

I have the same issue with power bi desktop (September 2021 and december 2021 version).

The data source is an SQL server.

Do we have a way to get the Power Bi version August 2021 to test if the issue exist?

Or Does Microsoft release a fix?

Thanks to all for your help

Hi

You can download the november version of Power BI. This version has not the issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

Regards

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @1question 

Please check whether your Power BI Desktop is the latest version. The latest version should be 2.97.921.0 (9/28/2021)

If it is not the latest verison, please update your desktop and try again.

For reference: Download

Or you can try to optimize your data model. 

For reference: Optimization guide for Power BI

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi All,

I'm facing this issue since last September, soon I downgraded to the August 2021 version as other users did, which solved the issue. But recently the "Loading to model" issue came back even with August 2021 version.

I'd like to track how MS is fixing this issue, that is very limiting.

Thanks

sunil-al
Frequent Visitor

Same issue, stuck at "Creating Connection in Model"

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kasaros @1question @pcp123 ,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Power BI.  This should fix the issue.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

pcp123
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Any data source will not load to the model even if you manually enter data to create a new table.   

I tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling (older and current versions and nothing worked.

Close down Power BI. Try logging in to your Gateway. Open Power Bi and sign-in. Then repeat Get Data process. Hope this works. 

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. 

I am curious, do folks helping on here work for Microsoft or are they just friendly strangers?

@pcp123 😂 I am a friendly stranger but there are some Microsoft Employees on here.  

Microsoft are working on a fix though: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Query-refresh-displays-only-the-quot-Evaluating-quot-stage/i...

Kasaros
Regular Visitor

I facing the same problem right now, but in power bi desktop and csv folders.

it still shown "Creating connection in model.." for hours, and I restarted computer many times.

I think this is some bug after september updated.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@1question I'd recommend cancelling, shutting down your computer, restarting and seeing if it works. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.