Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matiasalbacetti

Struggling with summarizing and totals

Hi there

I'm working with a merged query. For each date and person, I'm supposed to see the sum of VALUE1 and VALUE2 without summarizing. Since VALUE1 comes from the merging, there might be multiple rows with different values of VALUE1 but same value of VALUE2, for each date and person.

This screenshot shows the table as it is supposed to be displayed.

tablaok.png

Here, VALUE2 is not summarized and VALUE1 is getting summed. The problem with this table is that I don't get to see the total of VALUE2. What I need is to see, in the footer, the sum of the values of VALUE2 that are being displayed there.

This is the output if I set VALUE2 to summarize as SUM.

tablanook.png

As you can see, two rows now show 14 instead of 7, which is wrong. Those rows belong to the dates in which there are two ocurrences of VALUE1. Now I can see the total ov VALUE2 but it's not showing correct information, since two items are being duplicated.

How can I get to see the first table with the sum of VALUE2 in its footer?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you do a SUM of VALUE1 before merging the queries so there is only 1 row for each of VALUE1 and VALUE2 ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @matiasalbacetti ,

What is your orginal tables befor you merged the two tables? And could you please post a whole desired table that I could test for you?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Could you do a SUM of VALUE1 before merging the queries so there is only 1 row for each of VALUE1 and VALUE2 ?

Hi!

I don't know if this is what you meant, but your answer helped me. I solved it by grouping the columns in the "Edit queries" section instead of struggling with the table/matrix visual.

@matiasalbacetti wrote:

Hi!

I don't know if this is what you meant, but your answer helped me. I solved it by grouping the columns in the "Edit queries" section instead of struggling with the table/matrix visual.

That's exactly what I meant 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.