Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Struggling with NATURALLEFTJOIN

I have created 2 tables which both contain the field [Customer No]

Table = summarizecolumns( Customer[Customer No],Customer[Salutation],Customer[First Name],Customer[Surname],Customer[Customer Active],Customer[Customer Group],Customer[Last Centre],Customer[E-Mail],Customer[Mobile Phone No],Customer[Address],Customer[Address 2],Customer[City],Customer[Post Code],Customer[Last Date Visited],Customer[Plat MOT Avail],Customer[Plat XS Avail], Customer[Plat Full Avail], Customer[Plat Int Avail],Customer[MOT Reminder Platinum],Customer[XS Reminder Platinum],FILTER(Customer,Customer[CRM Output]="yes")     )

amd

Table 2 = summarizecolumns( vehicles[Customer No],  Vehicles[VRM],FILTER(Customer,Customer[CRM Output]="yes") ,FILTER(Vehicles,Vehicles[Vehicle Visit Rank]=1 && Vehicles[Vehicle Output]="yes")    )

i have then created a relationship between Table 2 and Table 1 using [Customer no].  noty all customers in Table have a VRM in Table 2, but i want to output all rows from Table with the mnatching data form Table 2 if available. 

I therefore created a 3rd table expecting to get that, but get an error "The column with the name of "custoemr no" already exisits in Table 3"??  I wasn't expecting that as Cusotmer no is the ralated field.  I was following this article https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/from-sql-to-dax-joining-tables/

Table 3 = NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN('Table','Table 2')

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

Mike

1 REPLY 1
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @masplin

You need to either remove the relationship or rename Customer No to something else in one of the two tables if you need to keep the relationship.

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.