Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ManuApo
Helper II
Helper II

Struggling ignoring filter in DAX :( Any ideas???

Hello Community,

I have a Date slicer ( with Day, Month and Year) as a filter for all my visuals, the thing is for a specific measure, I would like to avoid  ( ignore) the Day and Month, but keep the year as a filter for my measure. 

I tried, ALLEXCEPT( DateDimensiontable, Date.[month]) but is not working 😕

Not sure what to do and how to tackle this problem..
Any Ideas????

Thanks for your help!!
Manu

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Based on your description, slicer will affect the table visual. This could be caused by the relationship with the fact table. To give an accurate suggestion,please provide a sample pbix with dummy data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ManuApo , try a measure like

calculate ( sum(Table[Value]), filter(allselected(Date), Date[Year] = max(Date[Year])))

or

calculate ( sum(Table[Value]), filter(all(Date), Date[Year] = max(Date[Year])))

Hi @amitchandak ,

I am not sure if you saw my last reply to your first solution, in that case, any idea how to tackle this?

Really appreciate your help!
Manu

Dear @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your reply, 

I have tried both, but for some reason is not working.  I am using a Date Dimension table, from which I am using the Date slicer. 

I have attached a picture of my report: 

Capture.PNG

-The slicer filters the Date dimension table by a column called Full Date which is linked to my Summary table ( where is all my data ) 

-In my Summary table, there is a calculated column  ( GrossNet monthly forecast ) that has the data I want to show in my visual ( ignoring the filter for the months, but keeps the year, in this case 2021) 

-Measure 1 is calculating the sum from January to May for each month
-Measure 2 ( using ALL) is calculating the sum from January to December for each month

Is there a way to keep using that filters that you mentioned but without using the CALCULATE function? I mean, I dont need to agregate any data, as it is already calculated in the calculated column "GrossNet MonthlySBF" 

The end point is to show "GrossNet MonthlySBF"  January to December for the year that the slicer is filtering

Thanks again!!! 
Manu

Hi @amitchandak ,

I am not sure if you saw my reply, in that case, any idea how to tackle this?

Really appreciate your help!
Manu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.