Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slackerhx
Helper II
Helper II

Structuring data for radar chart

Hi All, this forum has been super useful in my PowerBI learning journey as I'm able to solve 80% of the questions just from reading this forum alone !

However, recently I've encountered some issues to produce the following visual with Radar Chart, where i would like to overlay each City (represented by different coloured lines) as I toggle the City Name in the slicer: 

Radar query.PNG

My sample data set used to generate the above radar chart is as follows: 

City

Attributes

Rank

Adelaide

Crime Rate

Adelaide

Unemployment Rate

Adelaide

English Proficiency

Adelaide

GDP

Adelaide

Air Passenger

Beijing

Crime Rate

Beijing

Unemployment Rate

Beijing

English Proficiency

Beijing

GDP

Beijing

Air Passenger

Pune

Crime Rate

Pune

Unemployment Rate

Pune

English Proficiency

Pune

GDP

Pune

Air Passenger

Currently, i've placed "Attributes" under Category and "Rank" under Y-Axis. I can't pivot the City column as it is the main link in the relationship to my other data sets. 

Appreciate if anyone has a good suggestion to the above visual. 

Thank you !

7 REPLIES 7
alururavi

How to fill custom colors for each circle of this radar chart as similar to Excel filled radar chart. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @slackerhx,

I'd like to suggest you to take a look at following link to know how to achieve multiple axis.

Power BI Custom Visuals - Radar Chart

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin, 

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately, it doesn't achieve my intended visuals as the Category section only accepts one field instead of two (which for my case is "City" and "Attributes"). 

I've also tried pivoting the respective attributes to form column names with the values filled by the respective ranks of each city but it still doesn't achieve the desired outcome. 

HI @slackerhx,

For this requirem, you can submit an idea or contact custom visual team to get more support.

In my opinion, I think current it impossible to achieve your requirement on radar visual.

BTW, you can also try to use R visual to draw these graph.

Radar Charts in R

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin @v-shex-msft

Does plotly requires one to be well-verse in R script as I don't have any knowledge of it? Are there any other alternatives that can be used?

Thank you.

HI @slackerhx,

Nope, I haven't found any other custom visual can achieve this, maybe you can contact to custom visual team to submit this requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.