Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Streaming dataset not appearing in desktop as source

Hello All,

Need your help! I have crated a streaming dataset "Realtime2" in Power BI service but I want to use this streaming dataset in power bi desktop. When I use "Power Bi Service" thorugh 'Get Data' in desktop, I can only see the datasources which I have created in desktop itself and the new streaming database "Realtime2" which I have created in power bi services is not appearing here at all. I am using correct login credentials for both versions. Could anyone kindly advise where I am missing something?

I did logoff and login either but no success. 

Please advise, thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@harshadsp,

You're right. Ensure that Historic data analysis is enabled.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-chuncz-msft, hi, just want to let you that when I update the desktop version to the latest one, the streaming data set is appearing now. Hope this will help others.

Thank you for your efforts in this matter.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bkrishna_hari
Regular Visitor

Hi All,
Power BI Service option missed in latest Desktop installer Version: 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017).
Let me know where would be the problem. Unisntalled & installed but no luck.

Please advise - Thank you.!

desktop - version.pngPower BI Service - Option.png

@bkrishna_hari sorry, its late reply but if you are still waiting for reply or someone needed the inputs then please go to desktop's file-->options-->preview features and click the check box on "Power Bi Service Live Connection" then restart the desktop and you will find the same.

Thanks!

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@harshadsp,

As mentioned at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-real-time-streaming/#questions-and..., this is not available at this time.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your help @v-chuncz-msft but as per the below link its stated that this feature has been added aleady. I am not sure why I am not getting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIBHfgasok

If you go around 36:57 time interval the publisher has mentioned the same about that even shown how he has connected.

Thank you!

@harshadsp,

You're right. Ensure that Historic data analysis is enabled.

@v-chuncz-msft, Thanks for response, I did accordingly but still not apearing in the list. Also my observation, when I make historical on my dataset become 'Hybrid' and my .net code is not really streaming the data but when its 'streaming' i.e. historical is off then it works fine in power bi service. I may be missing with my code somewhere but at the moment my main concern is why the API dataset is not coming in power bi desktop.

I appreciate your time and efforts in this matter. Please advise if anything strikes you and I'll try further. thanks!

@v-chuncz-msft, hi, just want to let you that when I update the desktop version to the latest one, the streaming data set is appearing now. Hope this will help others.

Thank you for your efforts in this matter.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello, experts- please advise. thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.