Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seth127
Regular Visitor

Stream Graph (custom visual) not working with dates

Hello,

I'm not sure if there is support for custom visuals here, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm trying to see the hours logged on a project each day, and how many of those were logged by each department. The Stream Graph seems like a perfect solution for this, but I can't get it to work right with the dates.

This bar chart shows the simple version of what I'd like:

bars screen shoot.PNG

The point is, you see it started with UX, then mid-Feb went to UI and DEV, then by March was mostly DEV. Great, but not that pretty. So then I do the same thing as a Stream Graph:

stream graph screen shoot.PNG

This shows the same thing, but there are no dates on the bottom. It just shows a number, which I assume is just the count of days. Why? Does anyone get this or know how to change it? Maybe it's just quirky behavoir of custom visual, but I hope there's a solution.

Also, does anyone know if there is any meaning to where the "Wiggle" setting puts your data on the Y-axis? I understand that with Wiggle off it rests at zero. But with Wiggle on, is there any logic to why my first week data starts at 55ish and goes to 70? Is it purely aesthetic and/or random?

Thanks for any help.

Seth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@seth127

I haven't reproduced your issue. I'm working in Power BI Desktop May Update (2.35.4399.381).

Capture66.PNG

This "wiggle" is resolved automatically. There's no setting for it. For how the "wiggle" generated internally, please contact Power BI Custom Visuals Support: pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@seth127

I haven't reproduced your issue. I'm working in Power BI Desktop May Update (2.35.4399.381).

Capture66.PNG

This "wiggle" is resolved automatically. There's no setting for it. For how the "wiggle" generated internally, please contact Power BI Custom Visuals Support: pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Regards,

Thanks. Maybe it's something weird with how my dates are formatted. I'll look into that. And thanks for the info on the "wiggle."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.