Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OleksandrM
Frequent Visitor

Strange mystery - Featured table in Excel don't even appear

Hello,

...read forum, checked all Microsoft documentation.

I'm the Admin and the owner of Dataset.

Myself, and all colleagues who uses report, have Power BI pro, Office 365 E5, Excel x64 2008 version.

I created Featured Table in Power BI, and the most of my colleagues see it! Can work with it, no issues.

The mystery is - I do not see Featrued Tables, in my Excel I don't even see Organization (screenshot). Most of colleagues see it, but me and some others don’t. We all have same office profile, same software installed, same versions.

Our IT is desperately trying but seems there is no ideas how to solve, no documentation on it. All docs from Microsoft explored, cross checked.

Any ideas, maybe…

111.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OleksandrM ,

According to your question. You can try the following solutions:
workaround1:Restart Excel
Sometimes simply restarting Excel 365 or Windows is enough. Closing and restarting Excel or Windows completely is enough to force Excel to try connecting again.

workaround2:Repair Office 365
A failure of Stock and Geo data types can be persistent. Updating Office and Windows doesn’t fix the problem.
Try repairing Office 365. That often does something to your Office setup which makes Stock and Geography data types reappear. In Windows go to Control Panel ->Programs & Features -> Office 365 -> Change then choose Online Repair. Mac users don’t have a similar Repair option. Instead you uninstall Office and reinstall it.

Here is an official document about the featured table can be used as a reference: 

If it still does not solve your problem, please inform me in time. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-henryk-mstf can you please check the original post and the screenshot there. I don’t have issues with Geo and Stocks, I have issue with Organization type of data and featured table by Powe BI. And I also reinstalled office, and restarted since the original post several times. 100% of recommendations by Microsoft didn’t help, this is why I post it here. 

OleksandrM
Frequent Visitor

@SpiroswayGR  connected with organizational account, and I see georgaphy and stocks (please check the first post), so thow links you posted is not relevant, but hank you. All basic sanity including office repair and then re-installation are completed.

@OleksandrM 

As i see, are admin so are you powerbi admin too?

Administrative control

Power BI admins can control who in the organization can use featured tables in the Excel Data Types Gallery. See Allow connections to featured tables in the Admin portal article for details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal#allow-connections-to-featured-

tables

https://prnt.sc/xyyy5e 

Otherwise i suggest to create a ticket and maybe you will get your solution faster.

OleksandrM
Frequent Visitor

Another update: yes, reinstalled office, yes, logged in with same organizaional accoutn.

@SpiroswayGR thank you for the links, but they rather solving the issue when data types are missing. they are not, Geography and Stocks are there, missing only organizational type. and again, number of same users, same profile, same subscriptions, and same versions of installed Office/Excel.

OleksandrM
Frequent Visitor

@priquelme and @SpiroswayGR 

Yes, office reinstalled, account check, same tenant, same settings. But the most important: it works with one users and don't work with others. I publish the post as maybe someone already experienced the issue and knows "how to". Settings, versions, tenant settings - all it make sense to check if it would not work at all, but it works.

@OleksandrM I think i found something

1st : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/stock-and-geography-data-types-missing-from-d...

"Wow, thank a lot!  This solved my problem too, after much searching and frustration...  When I logged into my Microsoft account from within Excel (File / Account) the stock and geography data types showed up.  When I log out, however, these data types disappear again.  So it appears the use of these data types requires being logged into the Microsoft account.

Microsoft -- please add this to the instructions on the use of these data types!  Users must be logged into their Microsoft accounts to enable these new features."

2nd : If above solution not work , please check below 

https://office-watch.com/2019/fix-excel-when-stock-and-geography-data-types-go-missing/

priquelme
Frequent Visitor

Are you connected with your organisation user account ?

SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

@OleksandrM 

Get the same excel file from another pc that working and open it with your excel to see if working or not.

Also did you try to reinstall office too ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.