Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

viniciusosousa
Regular Visitor

Strange error with "Sort by Column"

Hi guys.

I'm trying to sort one column by another using the "Sort by Column" feature in the Data Section.

I created an "ORDEM" column that has no repeated values (guaranteed by Row_number () Over clause on my Oracle database), but I still get an error. I want order "MERCADO" by column "ORDEM"

To be sure, I also applied a "Removed Duplicates" to the column by PowerQuery, but I still get the same error.

DataDataErrorErrorWhat I wantWhat I want

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @viniciusosousa 

The column to be used as the "sort by column" must contain at most one distinct value for each value in the column to be sorted.

To make this work, you would need to set up ORDEM so that it (for example) contains 1 for MERCADO = 'BR', 2 for MERCADO = 'other value' and so on.

Regards

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OwenAuger
Super User
Super User

Hi @viniciusosousa 

The column to be used as the "sort by column" must contain at most one distinct value for each value in the column to be sorted.

To make this work, you would need to set up ORDEM so that it (for example) contains 1 for MERCADO = 'BR', 2 for MERCADO = 'other value' and so on.

Regards

Owen

Owen Auger
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Blog
Twitter
LinkedIn

Works like this @OwenAuger ! Tks

image4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.