Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Strange behaviour on Power BI Report Builder

Hello,

Trying to reproduce the steps from Lab - Create a paginated report on my own environment not the provided VM, I have downloaded the Power BI Report Builder v.15.6.01487.0002-830d6540.

All was working perfect until section Format the table data region step 7: Set the width of the second column to 2.5.

After I do that step, the report preview will no longer display even the third column of the table that was not modified in any way.

SalesOrderReport_BAD.png

I have tried to delete the table and repeat all the steps, checking from time to time if the report will show correctly (that's how I found where will "break").

I have tried the same steps on the provided VM, on the older version of Power BI Report Builder v.15.6.1207.2 and here the report is running correctly:

SalesOrderReport_Good.png

I have tried to install the last version into that lab environment and repeat the steps, but the report is running correctly.

What can I do to make it work on my machine that had no "older version", just the newest one?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Maybe it's bad timing, or maybe it is the difference between store version and standalone (a constant nuisance for Power BI Desktop)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Maybe it's bad timing, or maybe it is the difference between store version and standalone (a constant nuisance for Power BI Desktop)

lbendlin
Super User
Super User
Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It seems that is the same address when using the New\Paginated report in Power BI service.

And the link provided by you mention in the details section the same version I have: 15.6.01487.0002,  published on 1/26/2021

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

sounds like this could be a bug. wonder where you got that version from. Supposedly the most recent version is 15.6.1340.2 

Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @lbendlin ,

Good question... I have installed that version using the Power BI service and on the workspace I have used the option New\Paginated report that showed a screen with download link to the app.

Now, that you draw my attention on the version, I have checked again what version I have installed and if there is any update and... another strage thing apperared:

PowerBIReportBuilderVersion.png

I am "up to date"... with a wrong version...🤣

Anyway - it seems that there is a bug with this version, because I found the problem. When I have resized the colum (2), all first 3 columns lost their settings for the Font property. They switched to a "Sanserif" font and when I put back the "default Arial" font all came back...

A real halloween party on my PC. 😜

Now, the question is how do I find and install the "real latest version" - 15.6.1340.2?...

Kind Regards,

Lucian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.