Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

prakash_gautam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Strange behavior of slicer drop-down

Hello All,

Please take a look at screen below.

strange-behaviour.png

I have a slicer as drop down (top left). Sometimes the drop down is blank (bottom left) and I can not clear selections also. Border of the drop down window is clearly visible but there are no items. This happens intermittently and strange to me.

PBI desktop version is 2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June 2018), the slicer setting are as in right and I also have same field (Status) in Page level filter.

Suggest what might be wrong and what I should check.

Thanks,
Prakash

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news, i think i have managed to fix this really annoying issue. The fix:

1- Create a fresh new slicer and build it up again with all the formatting. DO NOT COPY THE FORMATTING of the existing faulty slicer. Delete the old version of the slicer and use the new one in place of it. This should now work fine without that annoying issue.

2- If you are happy with this slicer then you can use its formatting to copy from and paste into other new slicers that you may want to replace.

I think it seems that the original slicers created in some previous version were bugy and copying their format and pasting onto new slicers transfers over the bug. Hence the need to create a fresh one.

Originally i though it was because my DAX calcs were too heavy on the report but that wasnt the case it seems.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prakash_gautam,

The latest version of Power BI Desktop seems to work fine for me.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft for the update. I am now using Version: 2.59.5135.781 and I will post an update after observing for 1-2 days
whether I get the behavior or not.

Thanks,
Prakash

@v-chuncz-msft I get the same result in Version: 2.59.5135.781 also. Please see attahed.
The issue is that it is intermittent. For example, I get all items if the report page is enlarged by hiding fields pane (bottom image).

Thanks

Missed to attach the screen. 

status-filter.png

I have't been able to find a reason so far. Anyone there to suggest a reason or things I should check?

Thanks,

Prakash

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got this issue too. When my report got a bit complicated it started happening. And its intermittent too. But annoying. I am on the latest version for aug 2019 (Version: 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.